now be able to play and socialize with one another in a fun and active
The foundation makes regular contributions to nonprofit organizations
serving Glendale and surrounding areas.
Executive Director Tom Miller said the foundation seeks to make
donations to programs that will do the most good.
"A community foundation is designed to address the needs of the
community today and in the future," he said. "The point is to improve the
quality of life for everyone in the community." The following
organizations received grants from the foundation:
* College View School, $10,000
* New Horizons Family Center, $10,000
* Child SHARE, $8,405
* Grandview Presbyterian Church after-school program, $8,300
* Glendale Unified School District, $7,526
* VNA Care, $5,000
* Glendale Healthy Kids, $3,727
* National Multiple Sclerosis Society, $3,395
* Glendale Symphony Orchestra, $3,000
For more information, call 241-8040.