My wife and I would like to thank all Glendale Water & Power and Fire Department personnel for saving our house yesterday. The incident happened while the utility workers were replacing and installing copper wires on the poles in the neighborhood. A series of events took place that resulted in my home’s wiring to burn and start a fire.
The special hero of saving our house is someone from Glendale Water & Power (we did not get his name) who braved the smoke in the basement and discovered that the gas line was on fire along with the wooden sub-floor. He ran out of the house and asked my wife to show him where the gas shut-off valve was. He was able to shut off the gas using a tool I keep next to the meter.
The Fire Department told my wife that the house would have exploded in less than four minutes if the gas was not shut off.