The parade of dump trucks that crowded Crescenta-Cañada streets throughout the winter will return in the coming weeks, officials said.
Crews contracted by the Los Angeles County Public Works Department will soon begin expanding six of the area's 28 debris basins, including Pickens, Snover, Big Briar, Mullally, Pinelawn and Starfall, officials said Thursday. Some concrete barriers, installed last year to divert debris flows, have already been removed to allow access.
"We anticipate the work will begin this month," county spokesman Kerjon Lee said.
Officials hope that increasing the capacity of the basins will provide more protection from debris flows for residents living in the Station fire burn areas.