On September 9th, Glendale lost one of its most dedicated professionals. George Reed White was born in Los Angeles at the former L.A. Wilshire Hospital on September 13, 1932. He graduated from Marshall High School and later from Los Angeles College of Chiropractic in 1955 and practiced in San Diego and Glendale. Later on he was accepted into the dental class of 1971 at the USC School of Dentistry and practiced in Glendale on North Central Avenue for over 35 years.
George was a Life Member of the American Dental Association, the California Dental Association, the San Fernando Valley Dental Association, and the Glendale Academy of Dentists. He was a Fellow of the Academy of Forensic Dentistry and served the L.A. County’s Corners office as an examiner and was a former member of the Rotary Club. He was a 25 year honored member of the Scripps Medical-Dental Symposium which met annually to review the latest professional procedures and research. He was active in a dental “Lunch Bunch” of five USC graduates which met for over 30 years and started at Pike’s Restaurant formerly on Glendale and Verdugo Road.