Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: Glendale HomeCollections

Pair charged in Burbank shooting incident

Men allegedly opened fire on two men and a woman, but hit no one.

August 12, 2011|By Maria Hsin, maria.hsin@latimes.com

Prosecutors have charged two Burbank men following their arrest last week on suspicion of attempted murder, police said.

Fernando Lopez and Juan Alcala each are facing three felony counts of shooting from a moving vehicle, according to the district attorney’s office. They have not been charged with attempted murder.

The suspects could face three to seven years in prison for each felony count, according to the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office.

Advertisement

It is not clear from the criminal complaint if just one man, or both men, were armed. 

Lopez and Alcala shot at two men and a woman who were not in a vehicle, according to the complaint. 

Lopez, 21, and Alcala, 22, pleaded not guilty to the charges last Tuesday. They both are being held in North County Correctional Facility in Castaic in lieu of bail of $781,000 and $770,000, respectively. The preliminary hearing for the two is scheduled for this Friday in Burbank Superior Court. 

Burbank Police officer Joshua Kendrick said bystanders on the street were endangered by the shooting, the reason for the attempted murder arrest.

The shooting took place on Aug. 3, just before midnight in the 200 block of West Verdugo Avenue, according to police. Investigating officers spotted broken glass, shell casings and a parked car with a bullet hole in it, Kendrick said. 

No injuries were reported in the shooting, he said. 

Anyone with additional information related to the incident is asked to call Det. Henry Garay at 818.238.3263. 

Glendale News-Press Articles Glendale News-Press Articles
|
|
|