Sacred Heart would clinch the league title outright three days later with a 2-1 win over Chaminade.
• Feb. 8 — Romero surpasses the career 1,000-point mark with a 12-point effort in a 71-38 road league loss to Harvard-Westlake.
• Feb. 17 — Opening the Division 5-AA playoffs as the No. 8 seed, the basketball team rolls over Alverno, 57-32, in the first round behind 24 points and 14 boards from Lana Haddad.
"We're so used to playing big and aggressive teams like Harvard-Westlake and Chaminade [in the Mission League], that this game was a little easier for us," Haddad said.
The soccer team also opens its Division I playoff run with a 5-1 win over Foothill, in which five different players score.
• Feb. 19 — A 51-point first half sets the pace for the basketball team's 77-50 victory over Workman in the second round of the Division 5-AA playoffs. Haddad has another big game with 25 points and 15 rebounds.
"She's been doing it for us all season," Flintridge Sacred Heart Coach Gino Pacella said. "Tonight is a classic example of what she can do."
• Feb. 22 — Goalkeeper Lindsey Espe comes off the bench to stop three penalty kicks in a shootout to decide a 0-0 (4-3) win over Aliso Niguel in the second round of the Division I soccer playoffs.
"I honestly don't even know what to say, that was an incredible feeling," Espe said.
• Feb. 23 — Up against top-seeded St. Bernard, the basketball team's season comes to an end with a 65-33 loss in the quarterfinals of the Division 5-AA playoffs.
Romero scores a team-high 18 points in her final high school game.
• Feb. 24 — Johnson, Breeana Koemans and Sarah Teegarden all score goals en route to a 3-1 home win over Tesoro in the quarterfinals of the Division I soccer playoffs.